It can be easy to get the best solar panel for your home or business place. There are various brands in the market, offering different features from styles to shapes. But it can be hard for you if you do not know what a good electric cell should have.
The initial process of acquiring a solar panel might be costly, but since it is a long-term investment, you will see its value in the long run. With a solar panel, you will experience reduced electricity consumption.
Those that have gone ahead of you and purchased any of the 5 best 300-watt solar panels consider them the best products. Consider buying any of these. Read more Best 100 Watt Solar Panels Reviews
- 1 Ultimate Buying Guides for 300 Watt Solar Panel
- 2 5 Best 300 Watt Solar Panels Reviews
- 2.1 1.Trina Solar 300W Poly SLV/WHT 1000V Solar Panel – Pack of 4
- 2.2 2.Hanwha Qcells Q.Peak G3.1 300W BLK/WHT Solar Panel – Pack of 4
- 2.3 3.Solar World Sunmodule Plus 300 Watt Monocrystalline Panel
- 2.4 4.Trina TrinaSmart 300W Poly SLV/WHT Solar Panel TSM-300PD14.002 – Pack of 4
- 2.5 5.QWERTOUR 300W, 18V Solar Panel
- 3 Tips when buying a 300 watt solar panel
- 4 Conclusion
Ultimate Buying Guides for 300 Watt Solar Panel
When purchasing a 300-watts solar panel, you need to know several factors so that you can be sure to choose the best solar panel that will offer a solution to your power needs. When buying, also consider the types of equipment the solar panel is going to be used with. Here are some guides for you.
A 300 watts solar panel should have a voltage of 18v-24v. High voltages are more efficient than lower voltages. Most equipment can function on 12 volts inputs and above, making almost all 300 watts solar panel suitable for use with most applications.
Lower voltage system needs to function on higher Amperage which will need a thicker cable, while a higher voltage offers you the ability to reduce the wire gauge required.
What equipments do you intend to run off the solar panel? How many watts do each use? These are the questions to ask yourself before purchasing. In most cases, this information can be found on the manufacturer’s website. Alternatively, you can calculate it manually.
Amps x Volts =Watts
8.13 Amps X 36.6Volts =297.56 Watts
Your total power needed by your equipment should be less or equal to total power output.
Ones you have known the amount of power your equipment needs, you can now easily choose to buy a 300watts or choose a solar panel with lesser or higher power output. The PV cells work efficiently between 9 AM -4 PM when the sun is at its peak. Maximum light is received by the glass when the sun is at an angle. The difference is determined by the technology and size of the solar panel.
Efficiency can be defined as the rate at which the panels change sunlight into electric power. If the panel has high efficiency, you will require fewer cells to yield the required maximum power output. If the area where the panel is installed experiences relatively high temperatures, you will require fewer panels than a user in the cold area.
Price per Watt
Another way to determine the cost of acquiring PV cells is to compare the price and Watts. A smart solar panel should cost you a range of approximately $2-5$ per watt. For a module with 300 watts, maximum power output should cost you $600-$1500. This method can give you a rough estimate of how much you should expect to part with for a 300 watts solar panel.
You will need to choose a solar panel from a brand with a good reputation. Research the reliability, durability, and performance on the panels. Look for someone with experience to guide you on how to check on the most important information.
Check on the warranty too. A quality solar panel should have a warranty of at least one year with a linear high performance of at least 10-25 years.
Type of roof
Solar panels can be installed on any type of surface. Even so, flat surfaces are preferred. The flat surface ensures that the panel is well leveled and receives the highest possible amount of sunlight. Research shows that it is more costly to install solar panels on a Spanish tiles and wood shingles rooftops.
Place your panel on buildings or places that do not have obstructions. Panels that are blocked from sunlight might under-perform or completely shut down. High sunlight levels ensure your panel meets its maximum output.
5 Best 300 Watt Solar Panels Reviews
1.Trina Solar 300W Poly SLV/WHT 1000V Solar Panel – Pack of 4
This solar panel is one of the most cost-effective and top-rated in the market. Trina Solar 300W Poly SLV/WHT 1000V Solar Panel features 72 polycrystalline cells per module made to maximize light collection.
A high-efficiency conversion rate of up to 15.50% converts the light collected into electric power of 300-watt output.
The anti-reflective glass ensures that less light is reflected and maximizes the amount of light that passes through it.
The peripherals of each module are covered with clear aluminum. This protects your solar from risks of breaking. It also guarantees the durability of your solar panel.
The solar is easy to install and comes in a pack of four panels.
- Type: Poly.
- Watts STC: 300 Watts.
- Watts PTC: 271.50 Watts.
- Efficiency: 15.50%.
- Minimum Order Quantity: 4.
- Cells per Module: 72
- Module Frame Material: Clear Aluminum
- Dimensions; 77 by 39.05 by 1.57 inches
- Weight: 243 pounds
- Max Power Current (Impp): 8.13 Amps
- Open Circuit Voltage (Voc): 45.30 Volts
- Short Circuit Current (Isc): 8.60 Amps
- Max System Voltage: 1000.00 Volts
- High efficiency with conversion rate of 15.50%;
- Fit for surface mounting;
- Easy to install and maintain;
- Versatile; can be used to charging cars, boats, and many more.
- Efficiency can still be improved.
The solar panel is a combination of reliability and cost-effectiveness. With high performance, you are guaranteed that all your power needs will be met even in seasons with low light levels.
2.Hanwha Qcells Q.Peak G3.1 300W BLK/WHT Solar Panel – Pack of 4
Are you looking for a perfect way to minimize your electricity bills? Hanwha Qcells Q.Peak G3.1 300W solar panel will come in handy for you.
Theinnovative cell technology Q.ANTUM gives it its high performance making it your ideal electric power source for all your appliances.
It offers a high-efficiency rate of 18.6%, which ensures maximum energy production per square area. Due to this feature, the panel is suitable for use in areas with low light and temperature.
It is fitted with an Anti-PID Technology1 that ensures long term linear high performance of up to 25 years while giving it distinguishable quality simultaneously.
The edges of the anti-reflective glass are surrounded with a black anodized aluminum frame that can withstand high snow and wind loads up to 5400 Pa.
- Module Technology: Mono
- Package: 4
- Measurements: 65.7 by 39.4 by1.26 inches
- Weight: 41.45 lb
- Cells per Module: 60
- Module Frame Material: Black Anodized
- Module Frame Thickness: 32mm
- Module Watts STC: 300 Watts
- Module Watts PTC: 274.50 Watts
- Module Efficiency: 18.00%
- Reliable and affordable;
- High efficiency;
- Has Anti-PID Technology1 for long term high performance;
- The anodized aluminum frame protects the glass from damage.
- Some cells stop working after some time of use.
Qcells Q.Peak G3.1 300W solar panel is another great product from the Hanwha Company. It offers a combination of affordability, reliability, and high efficiency. It is also versatile, meaning you can comfortably use it to charge various gadgets.
3.Solar World Sunmodule Plus 300 Watt Monocrystalline Panel
With a ‘Plus sorting’ at the SolarWorld company, you are assured that only solar panels with accepted power output levels will be made available to the consumer.
The SolarWorld Sunmodule plus 300 Watt solar features a 60 cell monocrystalline design that ensures optimal light collection. This 300-watt solar panel has high efficiency of 17.89%, meaning you will get high energy per square foot in contrast to 60 cell modules offered by other manufacturers.
The anti-reflective glass ensures that all the light received by the glass is absorbed and converted to electric power. An integrated drainage system is also included to offer the panel self-cleaning ability.
Installation and maintenance of this panel are easy and less costly. The panel fits well on any rooftops, making it a suitable power source for residential and commercial buildings.
The manufacture offers you a warranty of 25 years linear high performance and 20 years of quality assurance.
- Pack: 4 Panels
- Maximum power output: 300 Watts
- Maximum system voltage: 1000 Volts DC
- Module efficiency: 17.89%
- Cells per module: 60
- Cell type: Mono
- Frame: black anodized aluminum
- Weight: 39.7 pounds
- Product Warranty: 20 years
- Performance Guarantee: 25 years
- Patented INFINITEETM Corners and black anodized aluminum Technology;
- OPTIGRIDTM Cell Layout for increased durability and performance;
- Corrosion and salt resistant;
- 300 Watts ensures high power output.
- Slightly expensive.
SolarWorld’s SunModule Plus has a power output of 300-watt, an efficiency rate of 17% with 60 monocrystalline per module being among the best solar panels in the world.
4.Trina TrinaSmart 300W Poly SLV/WHT Solar Panel TSM-300PD14.002 – Pack of 4
Trina TrinaSmart 300W Poly Solar Panel iscertified by the California Solar Initiative (CSI) and listed as having the allowed Modules.
It features 72 polycrystalline silicon design for high light energy absorption. With a 300-watt power output, this solar panel ensures maximum power output for your workloads.
The solar has a high conversion efficiency of 15.50%, ensuring that all the light absorbed by the anti-reflective coated glass is converted to electric energy.
The glass is embedded in a clear aluminum frame that protects it from mechanical damage. With a weight of 49.6 lbs, the solar panel measures 77 by 39 by 1.6 inches. It is designed to fit irregular surfaces. You can mount it on different types of rooftops for commercial and residential electric power production.
- Type: Poly
- Output: 300 Watts
- Efficiency: 15.50%
- Power Voltage (Vmpp): 36.6Volts
- Power Current (Impp): 8.13 Amps
- Dimensions: 77 by 39 by 1.6 inches
- Weight: 49.6 lbs
- Frame Material: Clear Aluminum
- Minimum Order Quantity: 4
- CSI listed;
- Power warranty of up to 25 years;
- Quality warranty of 10 years;
- High efficiency;
- Durable and reliable;
- Increase the warranty period.
Having been certified by the CSI, you are guaranteed that this solar panel will offer you high efficiency. It is also reliable and durable.
5.QWERTOUR 300W, 18V Solar Panel
If you wish to convert your home or business building to an energy-producing place, QWERTOUR 300W Solar Panel will be your ideal choice.
It features a single solar panel with a high conversion rate of up to 23 %, which ensures that all light collected is effectively converted to electric energy.
It is semi-flexible and easy to install and maintain on the rooftops for home and commercial power supply. On the other hand, it is also lightweight, measuring 1180 by 540 by 3 mm, making it portable.
The cells are designed from monocrystalline silicon, which ensures optimal light is collected. With a power output of 300 watts, this panel produces enough energy for all your needs. You can use it to charge your cars, boats, and outdoor devices.
The anti-reflective glass can withstand harsh weather conditions. It is also covered in an aluminum frame, making it robust and durable. The solar panel is corrosion-resistant and has a waterproof rate of IP65.
- Package: 1 solar panel
- Power: 300Watt
- Wire length: 900 cm
- Output voltage: 18V
- Size: 1180 by 540 by 3mm
- Waterproof rate: IP65
- Material: Monocrystalline silicon
- Used for: Cars, boats, roofs, outdoors, mountains, grasslands, and many more.
- Easy installation and maintenance;
- High conversion rate up to 23%;
- It can be mounted on irregular surfaces.
For those that need a durable, lightweight single solar panel with high efficiency, QWERTOUR 300W, 18V Solar Panel is here for you. The semi-flexible feature makes it suitable for irregular surfaces.
Tips when buying a 300 watt solar panel
- Start by connecting the controller on the battery then to the solar panel.
- Remove the plastic film before using the panel.
- Ensure that the surface or ground you are mounting your solar panel is engineer certified.
- Go for an efficient solar inverter that ensures less electricity is wasted when converting from DC to AC.
- Buy a reliable solar panel that is within your budget.
- Choose a solar panel with a long warranty period, at least 25 years.
Lately, there has been a rise in the popularity of 300 watts solar panels. We are confident that our review will help you find the information you need when choosing the best 300-watt solar panel that meets your power requirements. Remember to install the panel with maximum care!